Monday, February 26, 2018

TAKING REFUGE - NATURE ON SHOW IN SOMERTON!


Angela Morley, horticulturist, designer and artist has a solo exhibition at ACE Arts in Somerton until the 10th March.  It is a celebration of willow and woodland materials and as Angela says,"'For me this exhibition is about showing people the close-up details of the wonders of nature. I’ve used lots of different materials such as fine grass heads and downy thistles, lots of different textures and buds and even peacock feathers. All my work is about opening people’s eyes to the beauty of nature and I hope that if people can see how beautiful it is they will be able to respect it more."


I visited the show with my friend Joanne, pictured above right.  The floor of the beautiful exhibition space was filled with five large wigwam-like willow forms which provided exciting enclosed spaces for 'taking refuge'.  They had a metal frame for stability and people were invited to try one of them out - see above left pic.  It was an exhibition of lovely organic shapes, natural textures and exquisite forms.  Well worth a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment