Friday, February 23, 2018

SNOWDROPS AT NIGHT!


I decorated these wooden hearts with 'snowdrops at night' design, to sell in the One Craft Gallery and contribute to our snowdrop window dressing.  As I have used snowdrops many times as a motif, I decided that it would be good to show them at night.  White flowers always glow and look special in low light!

I started by painting the bare wood with black gesso.  When this was dry, acrylic paint was used for the night sky and foliage.  I then used painted papers to cut out shapes, which were collaged on with matt medium. The hearts were finished off with white paint splattered on with an old toothbrush and matt varnish.

I used the same techniques to produce this design (see above left), for a handmade birthday card for my mother!  


No comments:

Post a Comment