Wednesday, December 17, 2014

MIRROR MAKEOVER

I bought an old mirror in a junk shop.  I was attracted to the simplicity and width of the frame. I painted the frame with gesso before using matt acrylic medium to collage layers of black and white patterned paper and photocopies of  a waxed paper with text on facts about fish and chips that I had acquired, with permission, from a fish restaurant in Jersey.  For the next layer I drew the outline of fishes with a felt tip onto tissue and applied.  I then added copied word game tokens and made up linked words that all connect to eating, drinking and fish.  After this I added more tissue fish outlines, painted the edges and gave the whole frame a layer of acrylic wax to make it more durable.  It is now destined for a funky kitchen or dining area!

Close-ups of some of the detail around the mirror.


No comments:

Post a Comment