Wednesday, December 10, 2014

BIRTHDAY CARDS

I find it hard to get suitable cards for certain people, especially men, so I make my own.  Here are a couple I have just done for two special gentlemen, one is for my Dad and the other for my in-law, Doug, who is just about to become eighty!

I collect images to use from all over the place and old word and number games.  In these two cards, I have photocopied scrabble pieces and used layers of collage, including old dressmaking tissue to give an aged feel.

For Doug's card, I used a photocopy of an old family photo with him as a child in the forefront as the centrepiece.  The text underneath the picture reads 'there's life in the old dog yet!' The collages were given a gold border using a metallic felt tip and were mounted onto cream card stock.


No comments:

Post a Comment