Tuesday, April 1, 2014

DEVELOPING SCRIBBLES

At the moment I have put aside doing finished artworks and I am just having fun experimenting with paper, paint and different media. I started this activity by covering two sheets of A1 paper with scribbles in black and white acrylic and black ink.  All sorts of applicators were used from old credit cards to sticks, brushes, rollers etc. I then selected interesting areas, cut them out and mounted them individually onto another sheet of paper. The selected areas can be seen below.


I then treated each one separately with various media, such as, paint, inks, collaged papers, marker pens, oil pastels and water soluble crayons. Below is a montage made up of my finished samples. They could be used at a later date as a starting point for a larger finished piece of work. The smallest of these samples is 9" x 11" and the largest is 15" x 11".



No comments:

Post a Comment