Sunday, April 6, 2014

COLLAGE SAMPLES


From these simple black acrylic paint and wash samples, which were done on 14cm squares of paper, I developed work which can be used as a starting point for some abstracts. I collaged paper to each paint and wash square, and then tried out various finishes with different media.


These squares had oil pastel, needlework pattern tissue, ink and water soluble crayons added to the collaged elements.


For these I used canvas as a stencil, a white gel pen, a stamp made with string and a molotow pen to add to the collaged papers, which were offcuts of my own painted papers.


Finally, I used pieces torn from a used envelope, a stamp made from an old rubber coaster, a molotow pen, acrylic stamped on using the edge of some packaging material and torn red paper bag collage elements.


No comments:

Post a Comment