Friday, March 7, 2014

TULIP TIME

I recently had a fun day in the studio with my friend Penny, an excellent artist who works mainly in oils or watercolours.  Her work can be seen on my blogpost - Friday, May 10th, 2013. She wanted to try some of my collage and layered mixed media techniques.  We both worked to a size of 20cms square.  I worked on a wood panel and Penny used a deep edged canvas. Penny had brought along a photograph she had taken - a cauldron full of colourful tulips. We used this as our inspiration.

Penny's work in progress
At the end of our time together we both had something to show for our efforts.  However, she is taking hers home to finish and I wasn't happy with lower half of my picture so I went back into the studio to work on it some more.  I added a quote suitable for Mother's Day and made some radical changes!

My work in progress.

Finished picture

No comments:

Post a Comment