Wednesday, March 6, 2013

DAISY TONIC


During the last few days I have had a cold and needed a tonic to help me through.  Luckily, I had been commissioned to do some large flower pictures for a local hair and beauty salon, so could concentrate on that and forget how I was feeling. I chose to do daisies as they always cheer me up, make me smile and think of summer.

'It's Great' - 89cms x 56cms


I started with a primed board, which I treated with ready to use filler to create texture, and added old letters, papers, acrylic paints and alcohol inks. The beauty of using board is that it is a good surface to stamp on.  All the daisies are created with stamps - round sponges and a cork for the centres and I made two large stamps mounted on 20cms x 20cms block canvases for the larger petals.  Using a canvas means that you can put you hands inside the back to press the design directly onto the surface.






No comments:

Post a Comment