Tuesday, February 5, 2019

SNOWDROP CARDS FOR THE GALLERY!


This is what my garden looked like last Friday!  We don't have snow very often in Shepton, so it was quite a shock!  Perhaps it was appropriate that at the time, I was working in the studio on finishing some snowdrop cards - as seen below.


I used the painted backgrounds that I had made when doing my urban valentine cards.  On top of them I painted stems and leaves with various shades of green acrylic, and then collaged on paper petals.  A few details were added with a black marker pen before they were mounted onto 6 inch square textured card stock.

The cards are for sale in the One Craft Gallery and are part of my contribution to the Shepton Mallet Snowdrop Festival 2019 which is taking place on the 16th and 17th February.


No comments:

Post a Comment