Monday, January 28, 2019

LATEST VALENTINE CARDS!


Here are my latest valentine cards.  This year, I have tried to give my cards an urban twist!  For the backgrounds I have painted layers using acrylics and black and white markers.  The idea was to replicate graffiti sprayed walls. On top I have added bright shapes and text.


The above cards are made by cutting up experimental pieces of artwork that I have done, but didn't work as a finished works of art.  Once they have been cut up and a few strategically placed shapes added, they have a new lease of life as cards...


The card above right was done as a commission.  I was asked to make a valentine card for a guy to give to his girlfriend with a Lisbon theme.  This is because they would be staying in Lisbon on Valentine's Day!  I took a fantastic copyright-free photographic image by Daniel Angele of an alleyway in Lisbon as my background, and collaged on the birds and bunting which has LISBON and the date spelt out on the hearts...


No comments:

Post a Comment