Monday, May 15, 2017

LOOKING OUT FROM THE INSIDE...


I did this small artwork for my artist friend Penny, who has recently spent a day with me in my studio.  I showed her printing with a gel plate - a technique she loved so much, she now has bought her own gelli plate!

She loved the subtle colours of the above background paper that I had just printed, and asked me to develop it into a picture.  I have always liked depicting windows, looking out from an interior - it is a subject that I often return to.

I love the paintings of the late Mary Fedden, who painted still life and landscapes in the same artwork by looking out through windows. "Each of my paintings is a mixture of things that I'm looking at, and my thoughts and imagination," is a quote from a very interesting article taken from the May issue of The Artist magazine in 2008.



No comments:

Post a Comment