Wednesday, April 20, 2016

BEAUTIFUL BEES!

At the moment we are thinking bees and honey in the gallery!  The window has an actual beehive in it, that has been made by one of our members.  I will be showing the window dressing in a later post. Below are some things I crafted in preparation...


I made a hexagon template, and used it for cutting out a number of display mats from recycled cardboard.  These were painted with a pale yellow acrylic, and then wiped over with one of my favourite transparent colours - quinacridone gold, to produce a lovely honey colour.  On some of them I collaged on a bee body, made from orange/yellow paper, which had details added with black felt tip pen, and wings cut from an old book.  Extra details were done with a fine felt tip and then they were all varnished with acrylic wax.

I decorated some white bags, that I had been given, to make gift bags. They had labels on the front, which I covered with a black paper hexagons. I then collaged bees onto them, and onto luggage labels.  I rather like the bee motif and it may well appear in future artworks!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment