Friday, March 25, 2016

HAPPY EASTER!


It is the season of eggs and cute bunnies - here are a few examples that I found in some of Shepton's shops.  All my creative efforts lately have been centred upon a large commission that I have been doing.  It is 3ft square and is to go with an artwork I did ten years ago!  It is getting there but there are bits I am still unhappy about.  I keep going with a picture until nothing bugs me and there is nothing I want to change...


I can see why eggs are so important at Easter - they are a symbol of new life and for Christians represents the resurrection of Jesus after the crucifixion, but why the Easter Bunny?  Apparently, we have the Germans to blame!  According to their traditions - first mentioned in their literature in 1682 - an 'Easter hare' was a buck-toothed bringer of chocolate to children who had been good... This became the Easter bunny and led to chocolate Easter eggs being given on Easter day and the commercial hype that we know today.  I shall not be indulging as I have just discovered that I am intolerant to chocolate!


No comments:

Post a Comment