Friday, January 1, 2016

THOUGHTS TURN TO LOVE!

Now that Christmas is over, my thoughts turn to love as the next event to plan for in the gallery is Valentine's Day!  This year I thought I would make an early start, so I have just completed 12 heart cards.  My collaged Christmas cards sold really well so I decided to apply the same techniques to these.


I tried to get away from the traditional Valentine pinks and reds that I often use and tried some different colour schemes.  The starting point for the blue/green background was torn up pieces of maps and vintage New Musical Express papers.  I also used vintage papers for the orange/brown and inspiration for the colour scheme came from some animal print napkins.


Once the backgrounds had dried out I designed a heart template to cut out the shapes.  I then added words cut from old magazines, and stamped out hearts to each one - sometimes incorporating other colours including hot pink - I can't get away from it!  They were finished with details added with a fine black pen and mounted onto square cream card stock.


No comments:

Post a Comment