Friday, October 16, 2015

VISITING STUDIOS

Today I have been out visiting a couple of places which are part of this year's Somerset Art Weeks.  I went to the pretty village of Moorlinch, between Street and Bridgwater, to see Spring Farm Arts and Nancy Farmer.


At Spring Farm, I particularly liked the pen and line drawings of the Lake District by Anne Farmer, the ceramics of Clio Graham and the work of Jenny Graham.  I have done a couple of courses with Jenny which were fun and I learnt a lot.  She makes beautiful landscapes in oils with an easily recognisable style, as you can see above.


Nancy Farmer, seen here amongst her work,  shares a love of open water swimming with me.  In fact, I saw her all last Winter swimming in the same place.  The difference is she doesn't wear a wetsuit!  For her exhibition called 'Swept Away', she has done a number of drawings on her phone and tablet documenting her swims throughout the year.  I bought a calendar with her drawings and comments, which are funny and so true, so I will be able to have a swimming picture every month!   It has inspired me to think about using this again as a subject.  I did do some life size textile swimmers some time ago...


No comments:

Post a Comment