Wednesday, October 7, 2015

AUTUMNAL WINDOW


Last year I made paper leaves to decorate the gallery window.  As these were successful I am using them again!  However, to add some hanging leaves to the window, I have laminated some real ones, collected on my early morning walks.  This was done not without mishap!  I learnt that you have to keep the leaves as flat as possible or the laminator  becomes jammed! Not sure how long they will last but as it is just for a few weeks it doesn't matter.  I saw some hanging in a local charity shop window, looking like wet leaves floating down, and the volunteer told me how they were done.



I have also decorated some gift bags using the Autumn theme.  This time for the gift tags I have used dark green mount card which is white on the reverse.  This makes a really sturdy gift tag that hangs beautifully! I cut it using a metal ruler and scalpel and the hole was punched with a leather punch. They were decorated with splattered gold acrylic same as the bags and finished off with white hole reinforcers and sparkly black and gold thread.  I am thinking of making some sets of Christmas tags with mount board to sell in the gallery.


No comments:

Post a Comment