Wednesday, November 12, 2014

CLOTHES PEG FASTENER

Recently, I have been sorting and decluttering, so not a lot of artwork is being done!  One of the cupboards that has been given my attention is a food cupboard.  I go to my local Health Food Shop for a large bulk shop of things, such as nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.  Being a vegetarian, these things are staples of my diet.  They come in large packs which need decanting into labelled jars.  I use recycled coffee jars and label them using my Brother labelling machine.


Then there there is always the problem of sealing what is left in the packs until required. Instead of buying a fancy fastener, I use old, but clean, clothes pegs - a tip I picked up from a dear friend who is no longer with us. Large bags can be fastened with more than one peg and when I am finished with them they go back into my peg bucket.

Just for fun I looked up 'pegs' on Pinterest  and there is a wealth of decorative and practical uses for the humble clothes peg - from dolls and animals to hanging systems for Christmas cards and photographs. There is even an attractive star made out of just the peg springs! The old fashioned peg (without the spring), is particularly useful as a basis for vintage peg dollies, angels, snowmen etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment