Sunday, October 12, 2014

AUTUMN LEAVES

Seeing the leaves around me turn to rich autumnal colours and swirl around in the wind has inspired me to make some paper leaves for window dressing in the gallery.


I started with recycled brown wrapping paper which was crumbled and ironed before acrylic colour was applied to both sides.  I then sponged on raw umber acrylic and randomly stamped on leaf vein shapes.  I then cut out the leaves using two different shaped templates as a guide. The edges were then burnt using my soldering iron - a piece of equipment that I haven't used for a long time!

The leaf garlands were formed, by gluing paper covered wire, to one side of the leaves using PVA.  Once dried they can then be bent to look as they are being blown in the wind.  I shall be using them in the gallery for the next window design.


No comments:

Post a Comment