Wednesday, September 10, 2014

SUNFLOWER SKETCHBOOK

Many artists and makers find that a sketchbook is an essential tool to progress ideas to a finished piece. What it contains and used for, varies from person to person - whatever works for them.  It is a personal thing. In my case, for this project, I started by listing words associated with sunflowers, trying to think of at least one for each letter of the alphabet. I then collected images, photographs and did some drawings from life.

In the case of sunflowers my aim is to produce 3D window dressing, gift bags, cards, brooches etc. I will use the sketchbook for sketching out ideas and writing technical notes which can be used for reference, should I require to make some more.

Illustrated are some pages from my sketchbook - drawings from the sunflowers I bought (see previous post), and a montage of pics by other named artists and magazine photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment