Wednesday, July 23, 2014

CUPCAKE CASE POPPIES

I have discovered another source of paper for projects - cupcake cases.  It started with looking up how to make poppies on Pinterest and I found red cupcake cases were a starting point.  I wanted to make some poppy garlands for window dressing in line with the remembrance of the beginning of World War One in August. I happen to have some cupcake cases which had been in the cupboard for years and some were red!  I ironed them flat and painted them with my trusty acrylic wax.  I then cut petal shapes (two cases for each flower), used a black permanent marker for the centre and then hand stitched a rope between the two layers. Not sure how many I will be making (I need to buy some more cases), and how they will be used in the gallery window, but I will take a photo when it is done!





No comments:

Post a Comment