Sunday, June 29, 2014

FESTIVAL PAINTING

To make a change from all the collages I have been doing recently, I have been concentrating on using mainly acrylic paint. I started two paintings on wooden panels, with no preconceived ideas of how they would end up. I just applied paint and let them develop.

On the one below, the colours and shapes started to suggest something to me - summer festivals. They are on my mind as Glastonbury Festival is on at the moment and I can hear it at night from my home!  So I added some shapes to reinforce the theme, namely triangles and circles. The colours needed some darkness around them so I made the picture a night setting by painting the edges and sides of the panels black.

'Festival' - mixed media on board (50cms x 50cms)


No comments:

Post a Comment