Friday, February 28, 2014

PICTURE LEDGES

Through Pinterest, I discovered a wonderful idea - ledges to display smaller artworks which can be constantly changed without damaging the wall!  At first, I thought I would have to get a carpenter in to construct them, but then I stumbled on IKEA Ribba picture ledges which worked out a great deal cheaper!  Each one is 115cms in length, with a shelf depth of 9cms. There is a small lip to stop pictures, of up to 35cms in height,  sliding off.  I ordered six white ones, (they also do black), for the study to put on two walls to form a miniature art gallery.

Today they were put up, so I quickly arranged some artworks and took this photograph.  I am really pleased with them as they instantly furnish that part of the room and will be so useful for storing pictures where I can see them.


No comments:

Post a Comment