Friday, January 31, 2014

VALENTINE WINDOW

Hearts before and after
I have been in the gallery a lot this week.  The carpets have been cleaned and we have redone the window with a 'heart' theme.  Inside there is a Valentine display which smells good!  This is because we have for sale some handmade scented candles in heart shaped tins  -  chocolate, fresh cut roses, strawberries & champagne, and lavender.  My personal favourite is the rose fragrance which is just like the smell of the old fashioned roses that I love. I have recycled the red card hearts that have been used for the last few years and now look a bit tired.  I collaged both sides with old copies of the New Musical Express,  red patterned napkins and dressmaking tissue.

Red hearts and white cubes form the basis of the Valentine window at the One Craft Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment