Monday, January 20, 2014

HEARTS IN THE NEGATIVE

I am still on the heart theme as Valentine's Day is the next significant day for gift buying in the gallery. This time it is bags to put those gifts in! When looking for ideas, I noticed that hearts are often stamped, drawn, punched out, stencilled or painted as positive shapes, not often in the negative.  So to try something different I took three colours of acrylic paint - turquoise, pink and lime green, and some heart shapes in two different sizes.  I used the shapes as masks so that the hearts showed up in the negative.   The bags were then splattered with gold metallic acrylic and crosses, representing kisses, added with coloured markers.  To finish off I made matching tags, added coloured tissue and recycled ribbons from a local scrap store.



No comments:

Post a Comment