Thursday, January 16, 2014

HEART CARDS

If, like me, you keep all those left over paper bits from various projects, you have a ready made supply of decorated papers for making cards. I also paint white cartridge paper with left over paint, ideal for using as backgrounds.

To make the heart cards pictured, all that was required, in addition to the papers, was 2 punches - a large square one and a large heart shaped one and some small card stock, (3 inches square), with envelopes.  I outlined the hearts and squares with a black marker pen before attaching them together with matt medium.  They were then stuck to the cards with double sided tape.

I used the same method to make this card below, which was a commission from a friend, who is going with his girlfriend on a holiday of a lifetime to Australia.   I punched a photocopy of a map of Australia from my old school atlas into 3 heart shapes, mounted them onto the squares, attached them to a long thin card, and added the words 'come fly with me …..'.

No comments:

Post a Comment