Sunday, November 10, 2013

TEROSO BLU BOTTLE

When I was on my recent holiday in Greece I collected loads of ephemera - paper napkins, table mats, tickets, labels, notices, etc., to use in a piece of artwork when I got home. I had the idea of doing a long thin bottle and looked around for a suitable background.  As I try and recycle whenever I can, I searched among my stock of frames, canvases and boards to find something with the right dimensions. I found a stainless steel frame, without glass, that someone had given me, so I decided to use this and did the artwork directly onto the hardboard backing.  All the papers I used for this piece came from the fabulous hotel we were staying in.  The name of the hotel is the Teroso Blu, which means blue treasure in Italian, so I used this name for my bottle picture.  A constant reminder of my holiday!

Close-ups showing layering of papers, paint and inks. 

'Teroso Blu Bottle'  - mixed media (91cms x 32cms)

No comments:

Post a Comment