Sunday, September 22, 2013

ORCHARD VALE TRUST

My rag rug, bunting and fish.
As I have mentioned before (see blog March 11th), I love the goods that the Orchard Vale Trust produce at East Court, Wookey.  Somerset Art Weeks 2013 have just begun, which means their workshops are open, so I took my friend Dawn to see them and buy some of their work. As predicted she loved it as much as I do and came away with loads of ceramics and a couple of cushions for her home.  I bought a beautiful rag rug, some bunting and three ceramic fish!

Dawn's goodies (excluding doll which she made herself).

Orchard Vale Trust provide residential homes for adults with learning difficulties and the money raised helps to it to continue to provide support and care for their residents.  The original and charming pieces include scarves, bags, cushions, jewellery, rugs and ceramics.

The productive kitchen garden at East Court complete with colourful ceramics.

East Court is in a lovely setting with extensive productive gardens that the residents all contribute to.  I also bought some of their home grown organic apples and a butternut squash. Everybody is very friendly and it is a place that is well worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment