Monday, May 13, 2013

EXTREME KNITTING

Extreme Textiles at the Creative Crafts Show

Rachel John on her stand at the Bath & West Showground


I recently went with Dawn to the Creative Crafts Show at the Bath & West Showground, which is just along the road from my home in Shepton Mallet.  It was mostly stalls with products designed for card making, beads, fabrics etc. We didn't find anything particularly inspiring, until we came across Rachel John and her extreme textiles.  As my birthday was coming up, Dawn asked me if I would like a set of the huge needles and some wool to get going.  I was delighted and chose the biggest pair (24mm in diameter!) and some wools in colours that reminded me of the beach.  Dawn also bought some needles and wool.

We have now started knitting with our enormous needles and find it great fun as the knitting grows so quickly.  It is hard on you hands when you first start but you soon get used to it and it is something which can be done while watching tv or chatting!

I will show the results of our efforts in a future blog.  We are starting with chunky cushions for our homes before trying out other things, such as, throws, scarfs, bags etc.  Here is a pic of me battling with my big needles!  If you are interested in further information visit Rachel's website - www.racheljohn.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment