Sunday, April 14, 2013

BIRDS, BIRDS, BIRDS

I do love simple bird shapes, but I haven't really used them much before, so when it was decided that birds was going to be the theme for the next window display, (after the Easter nests), at the One Craft Gallery, I had a go.  So far I have made some gift bags, cards and two bird cushions.








As I tend to work in 2D,  I was surprised how my birds turned out from the template I had drawn (see below).  I forgot how much the stuffing changes the look of the shape.  My papier mache bird sculptures are formed without drawing a design first. This newspaper print fabric makes a great background.  These two will shortly go into the gallery and when I have time I will make some more, perhaps trying some different bird shapes.





No comments:

Post a Comment