Sunday, January 17, 2021

MAKING CARDS IS WONDERFUL THERAPY!

It has been a long time since I have written a blogpost.  I haven't done much in the way of artwork in the last few months for a number of reasons.  Last year was my annus horribilis!  My beloved mother died, leaving my Dad, who has some health problems, on his own, and I became a full time carer for my husband after he had a stroke! Therefore doing artwork has taken a back seat.  However, I do enjoy the therapeutic nature of the creative process and so have made time to make cards for family and friends.  The red card was a good luck card for my Chinese sister-in-law, who was just about to have an operation.  It is multi-layered and my inspiration was a Chinese silk textile.

Above are some of the Christmas cards I made.  All my cards begin with a painted background which can consist of several layers and includes working with stamps.  I then collage shapes on top and add any embellishments needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment