Monday, May 6, 2019

YELLOW FIELDS MAKING COLOURFUL LANDSCAPES!


A couple of years ago I remember seeing some beautiful yellow rapeseed oil fields with a purple skies behind them - I think it was about to rain! Unfortunately I was driving and couldn't stop to photograph them.  I always wanted to do some artworks depicting this sight, but it wasn't until this April that I managed to get some photographs to work from - see above.  It was the top left two photographs that I used as the basis of the two artworks below.


The complementary colours of yellow and purple make a vibrant combination.  I started with texture before adding layers of acrylic paint and paper collage.  Both were done on wood panels (50cm square) so they could be hung together, as shown by the top photograph.  I rarely do landscapes, but I really enjoyed creating these and was inspired by the recent course I did with Soraya French, so It is something I may well try again in the future...


No comments:

Post a Comment