Monday, March 18, 2019

FRENCH FLOWER MARKETS!

I now belong to the Silton Art Group.  Every other week we learn something new from a different tutor.  I have mentioned the day we had with Soraya French in a previous post.  Another excellent tutor was Fiona J. Forbes. The subject was Flower Markets and the technique we used was manipulating the paint, acrylic or oils with painting knives.


I found it difficult to control the acrylic paint using painting knives and the impasto technique.  It was not something that I had done before.  The results of our talented painting group were impressive - see pics above.  The top centre and top right were paintings that Fiona had brought along and you can see her, with the painting she was demonstrating on, in the centre photograph.

Fiona recommended underpainting in a contrasting colour to unify and bring the painting to life.  My day's effort is shown here. I used a bright yellow for the underpainting to give a sunny, summary feel to the French flower market I was trying to create.  It now needs finishing...



No comments:

Post a Comment