Monday, January 29, 2018

RECYCLE OLD ARTWORK FOR VALENTINE CARDS!

One advantage of clearing up is finding old sheets of experimental artwork that can be recycled!

I found these two pieces which were done several years ago.  I thought the colours would be ideal for Valentine cards, so I cut each one into four, and worked on them.  I added collaged papers - some my own hand painted ones, and other bits from magazines. I used matt medium to attach the papers. I then outlined the cards in black felt tip and mounted them onto cream card stock. The cards above come from the background shown on the right.



I did the same for these cards - background shown above.  Once the artwork was cut up, I looked at the shapes, lines and patterns to help me decide which way the design should go...


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping my spirits up in the gallery today. Even if I turned up a week early for the snowdrop festival, your window with your bunting of snowdrop pennants was worth the journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was good to meet you. Hope you visit the gallery again!

      Delete