Saturday, December 16, 2017

BIRDY CARDS!


I needed some handmade cards to send to some special friends, so I produced the pics shown above, and mounted them onto cream card stock. I looked at possible backgrounds in my store of hand painted papers, and came across these black and white ones.  To me, they suggested winter branches and foliage - ideal to perch some collaged birds!

I have started to use a different technique for collage.  It is one advocated by Laura Lein-Svencner.  It takes a bit of preparation, as all the papers have to be coated with Golden polymer gloss medium, and left to dry.  The design is then cut out and arranged onto the background and covered with parchment paper.  To get the design to fuse together, I used heat in the form of an iron, which I keep solely for doing artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment