Wednesday, October 18, 2017

CARRYING ON WITH CARDS!


The above abstract papers were created by layering paints and doodles.  I started by priming three sheets of A5 paper with black gesso.  When I had finished messing around, I tore each in half and looked to see how they could inspire me to create some more cards...


Here are two such cards which were created by collaging images, letters and more doodling...


And here are four more which were cropped and mounted onto square cream card stock.  I added some colour to the black and white backgrounds using the collaged papers, gel pens and some paint.  I had no preconceived idea of what subject matter I would choose.  I looked at what the backgrounds suggested to me and looked around my studio for suitable images.  In some cases, such as the clock faces, keys and tree shapes, I photocopied objects that I have saved for assemblages!  I find the photocopier a very useful tool for creating collage papers...

No comments:

Post a Comment