Friday, January 27, 2017

DANCING SNOWDROPS!

'Dancing Snowdrops' - mixed media on board (23ins x12ins)

As snowdrops were on my mind, I decided to do a mixed media artwork using the subject- see above, (close-up details on the top).  I used a similar method described in the previous post, but there were more layers of paint and papers collaged on to some flower heads and to form extra leaves. I also splattered gold and white acrylic paint, using an old toothbrush, as a finishing touch.

I tried to give the flowers plenty of movement  - so much so, that when I looked at it finished, it looked as though they were dancing!  On one of my early morning walks, I have just seen my first snowdrops of the year - a welcome sight as the first sign of Spring...

Sometimes I photocopy my artwork and use it in collages.  Today I needed to make a valentine card quickly, so I cut three heart shapes from copies of my snowdrop picture and collaged them onto a painted background, left over from another project.  I outlined each heart and the background with a black marker pen.  This was signed and then glued to cream card stock - a quick solution!    


No comments:

Post a Comment