Monday, January 25, 2016

LOVE AT TEATIME!


I have just completed some more Valentine cards with 'tea' as the theme.  I have used my usual collage techniques, but with these cards I have added homemade tags which were decorated with words cutout from magazines, and attached by punching a couple of holes into the backgrounds.  I threaded the ties of the tags through the holes and fastened them to the back of the pic before they were applied to cream card stock.


This latest decorated gift bag uses papers that I created by photocopying one of my woollen scarves!  I have found that scanning or copying fabric onto lightweight paper is a way of adding interesting papers to my collage paper stash!

The gift tag was created from a cardboard toilet roll - it was flattened, stuck together, cut to shape and a hole punch in the top and decorated in a similar way to the bag.  It makes a sturdy tag that hangs well and doesn't buckle!


No comments:

Post a Comment