Friday, December 4, 2015

HATS TO TRY ON!

Today I had a treat - a visit to my friend Lizzie, who is a fellow maker at the One Craft Gallery.  I made it part of my early morning walk as my walking buddy was away.   It was great as Liz Oliva makes fabulous handmade hats and let me try some on!


I also had a chance to see her chaotic but so creative studio workshop and showroom.  My studio gets so messy so it is good to see that I am not the only one - it shows a lot has been going on!  She has a fantastic large noticeboard which is covered in inspiration and ideas - see below, top left.


Lizzie's hats sell well in the gallery.  She has a loyal following that buy them for every season.  Her hats are made from high quality materials which she sources from all over the world.  She is also constantly working on new designs for hats and accessories so that her work is always evolving and keeping up with current trends.  A visit to someone who is so creative always inspires me to get back into my studio and make a mess!!


No comments:

Post a Comment