Sunday, September 13, 2015

CHALK PAINTS

I have been painting furniture for years now, off and on, and lately I have been using Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.  It comes in great colours, can be used on a variety of surfaces, without the need of priming, and gives a lovely velvety matt finish.


I picked up these small hanging shelves in a charity shop.  They were painted in garish colours so I covered them in chalk paint and then lightly sanded the edges and other areas so that some of the underneath colours peaked through.  They were then finished off with soft, clear wax.


This little table stands in my hallway.  It was brown and horrible and had been in the garage of ages!  I rescued it and gave it a layer of white chalk paint and then a top layer of provence chalk paint.  I then distressed it so some of the white showed as well as the original brown wood.  It was also waxed with special wax designed to be used with chalk paint. I bought a basket to fit and keep outdoor hats and gloves in it.  The insert shows an Annie Sloan brush especially for painting furniture.  It was a gift, is great to use and has made painting furniture much more of a pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment