Wednesday, May 27, 2015

ON-LINE CONTINUATION

I have started an on-line continuation course with Jane Davies.  This time we set our own agenda and lessons, which is much harder than it sounds! There are less people on the course so there is more one-to-one tuition.  I am aiming to do larger work so I started my first set of samples on A2 (23.4 x 16.5 inches) paper and restricted myself to black and white media with a range of techniques.

Here are my first set of six.  We are, like in the previous course, aiming for quantity rather than quality!  It is a chance to experiment and try things out.  For these I used acrylic paint and gesso, applying it with various different brushes, an old credit card, brayer, simple hand-made stencils and improvised stamps.  I also used a black marker and graphite stick.  I really enjoy working larger and aim to get bigger!

On the last course all the samples were done on A4 paper.  Incidentally, I have mounted the most successful ones and they are now for sale in the gallery!



2 comments:

  1. I hope you will continue to post your work from this course. Looking forward to seeing how you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, I am enjoying this class. Many less members than the last one so you can get to know people more. Will go posting results!

      Delete