Tuesday, March 24, 2015

FINAL SAMPLES

Here are the final pieces that I have produced for the on-line course I am participating in. For these I am working in black and white using various techniques with 10% or less of 'something else' (a contrasting element which forms a focal point).


These four had many layers and mark making.  The ‘something else’ is some subtle colour that has been rubbed through from one of the first layers.



On the set above the emphasis was on texture.  The ‘something else’ was adding geometric shapes or lettering with sharp edges - a contrast to the organic nature or shapes already used in the pieces.  Below the bright colour is the 'something else'.  This was achieved by using masking fluid.

I have loved doing the course.  I have learnt a lot and found the images of other people's work, and all the comments made, so interesting and inspiring.  Jane Davies is an excellent tutor and I would recommend her courses.




2 comments:

  1. It's been good to see your posts on the class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. We might meet on another Jane Davies course!

      Delete