Monday, April 21, 2014

FINAL PIECES

scribble drawing 1
scribble drawing 2
For my final activity on the on-line course tutored by Jane Davies, I did two finished pieces on the theme of Spring. To me the colours of Spring, mainly because of the flowers, is yellow, green and purple, so I used this as my starting point.  I did two scribble drawings, tore them up and collaged an open grid on one panel with a painted green background and a closed grid on the other.
open grid on green acrylic 

closed grid
adding text
layers of paint and text
I then added a layer of text - torn up poems and prose on Spring. I used acrylic paint and more layers of torn scribble paintings to form a background to work on.  I then looked at each panel to decide how to proceed.  One panel was asking for something large and floral.  The other one, which had text on sowing seeds, had shapes on it that suggested birds to me.


'Spring in Bloom' - mixed media on wood panel (20cms x 20cms)

'Chasing Seeds' - mixed media on wood panel  (20cms x 20cms) 
The flowers were cut out of patterned tissue and the birds were drawn with a black marker pen onto tissue.  These were then both applied with matt acrylic medium and then the panels had details added to them.



No comments:

Post a Comment