Sunday, December 22, 2013

FESTIVE FINGERS

I have recently started looking after my nails, or at least Jenny at Skin and Tonic (what a great name!) has.  I am lucky enough to have a beauty salon just down the road from my house. For years I have looked after my face with regular facials but up to now have ignored my nails as my hands usually look so awful from the battering they take with my artwork projects. However, Jenny persuaded me to try a shellac treatment for my nails which keeps them strong and chip free.  I have been having a clear varnish on them, but as it is nearly Christmas,  I decided that a more festive look was required and this is the result - a deep red with a glitter topping on the ring finger of each hand!

Through Pinterest, I have discovered a whole fascinating world of nail art, so with Jenny's help, I am sure I will become more adventurous and have more glamorous nails in the future as they do make me feel good! The only problem is I have to remember to wear gloves for the artwork. Luckily I have loads of surgical gloves, left over from another project, which I can use.


No comments:

Post a Comment