Tuesday, November 5, 2013

CHRISTMAS CARDS

It is that time of year when we have to start thinking about Christmas cards.  How many am I sending this year?  Now that postage is so high can I reduce my list?  Shall I make or buy charity ones? I generally do a mixture of both.  As for reducing my list, I find this very difficult - dare I be the first to stop sending to people I knew in another life and will never see again!  If you like making your own you may be looking for some ideas.


With this idea take a piece of cartridge paper and produce  a multi-coloured background using various paints, inks etc.  When this has completely dry, iron it and scrawl a suitable christmas message repeated all over it in horizontal lines.  Simply cut up the paper into a suitable shape for your card stock, edge with metallic or coloured markers and, if required, add extra embellishment with punched shapes attached with glitter glue.

Above is a finished card and below a close-up of another one.

A variation on this theme is to make a template of a simple christmas shape and cut out from decorated brown papers.  Echo the shape in different painted papers, using punches of different proportions and attach, again using glitter glue. Mount onto another decorated paper and some written or printed text.  The edges for the above cards were made with a deckle edge ripper ruler and then edged with a gold metallic marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment