Saturday, June 1, 2013

THE MAKING OF A GIFT BAG

Normally my blog reports on what I have done creatively, but in this instance, it is the other way round.  I went into the studio needing to make some gift bags for the gallery but with no idea what design to do except I wanted a flower theme, to fit in with the current window display.  So I thought back to my last blog and decided to go with the most basic flower shape.

  
Here are the stages in the making of  a gift bag.  I first brushed on a layer of gesso onto a plain brown paper carrier bag.  I cut out simple flower shapes out of old pages of radio times and coloured them with markers and added black outlines.  These were then applied to the bag using spraymount.  I then added a smaller flower shapes to a white 3 inch folded card.  Coloured tissue was placed inside and holes punched in the corner of the card and in the bag.  The finishing touch was to thread the scrapstore ribbon through the holes and tie a bow.

Variations on a theme

   

No comments:

Post a Comment