Saturday, February 16, 2013

BIRTHDAY CARDS

Today is my mother's birthday, so naturally I made her a card.  I make cards for family and friends on their special days.  I usually use a collaged background and add stamps, punched or drawn shapes, text, illustrations etc.  In this case, as my mother is musical with a lovely singing voice (which I have not inherited),  I started with a sheet of musical score and added various papers and cut shapes to form a picture.  I have a ready stock of plain cut cards and envelopes. The one bit of equipment I would not be without for card making is my iron, (used only for artwork, not the laundry).  Before  the artwork is attached, it is ironed between sheets of baking parchment, making sure that any medium used is fully dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment